It’s no secret that my son LOVES his books or anything that you can read to him. I started reading to him in the womb when my doctor told me the interesting fact that he can hear everything that was going around me. My first story I read to him was a Dr. Seuss book. I noticed immediately which books he did not like by the way he would kick me. The kicking would stop with a book he liked. I try to read all of his books with feeling and emotion. So fast forward to now my son loves his books I have to read my two-year old 3-4 books at bed time. When I ask him to pick one book he gets 3-4. I honestly don’t mind because reading puts the “FUN” in FUNdamental and it builds literacy, imagination and a love for books in the future. In my opinion I honestly think that every child should be introduced to reading.
My Favorite Children’s Books
- Chicka Chicka 1,2,3- My son loves this book with all his heart. He loves to count along with me and with the help of this book he loves his numbers. When he jumps off things he says” 1,2,5,8 jump” so cute
- Leap Frog Good Night Scout- I love this book because it helps my son get ready for bed time routines and it read the words on the page as you flip throught the book.
- George Goes Fishing- My son just loves anything Curious George
- Love You Forever-This book makes me cry every time I read it.
- Good Night Moon-My son loves this book he likes to say good night to all of the pictures in the book
- Hop on Pop-This was my favorite Dr. Suess book when I was a child so I shared my love of this book with my son.
- Kids Study Bible-When my son moved over to the toddler nursery in church they brought home these little story cards about the lesson or chapter they learned about and ever since then my son has been obsessed with Jesus. So we started reading him the bible and he loves it
- Curious George Good Night Book-Great night time routine at the end we say ” Good Night George
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom-We love our letters. My son gets so excited when he see and recognizes the letter “A”
- The Very Hungry Caterpiller- Eric Carle is my favorite children’s authors and this book is one of my favorites.
What are some of children’s favorite books that you read to your kids?